Adairville (Kane) was located forty-five miles east of Kanab, one-half mile north of US-89, near the Paria River. The area was settled in 1873 and named for the Thomas Adair family. After severe flooding in 1883 and 1884 most of the residents moved upstream to Paria (Pahrea[h]). The settlement was finally abandoned in 1885 because of flash floods and drought. The site is now a ghost town.
John W. Van Cott