Adamsville is a small argicultural cummunity on U-21 eight miles west
of Beaver. It was first settled in the spring
of 1862 by David B. Adams and three other families; the settlement was
named Adamsville in 1867 after its founder. An earlier name for the
community was Beaver Iron Works. Wales was also a temporary name honoring
the many Welsh people who lived there during the early period.
John W. Van Cott