is four miles south of the Otter Creek Reservoir on U-22.
early 1873 about twenty-two men, including A K Thurber and George Bean,
arrived here while on a peace-keeping mission with the Fish Lake Indians.
They had agreed to meet the Indians at Cedar Grove near Koosharem.
near the present site of Antimony they caught and earmarked several
coyote pups. This incident led to the area's first name-Coyote.
meadowlands were used as early as 1873 for grazing but several families
moved in 1878.
1880 antimony (stibnite), a metal used in alloys, was discovered in
nearby Coyote Canyon, so Coyote became a mining town as well as a ranching
community. 1n 1921 the town of Coyote was renamed Antimony after the
metal mined in the area.
W. Van Cott