History of Argyle, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)

ARGYLE

Argyle (Rich) was once three miles southwest of Randolph. It was initially settled around 1875 by John Kennedyl and his family who gave the settlement its first name, Kennedyville. The name was changed to Argyle during an 1895 Sunday church service because the new arrivals were of Scottish descent and Argyle was the name of a Scottish shire or county. As transportation improved, more community activities were centered around nearbly Randolph so people gradually moved awaly from Argyle. This withdrawal continued until the area became completely rural and by 1915 Argyle ceased to exist.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers