History of Austin, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)

AUSTIN

Austin (Sevier) is on U-118 near the Sevier River, three miles north of Monroe. In 1910-11, the Elsinore Sugar Factory was built nearby and the town developed to house the factory workers. It was locally known as Frog Town for the large number of frogs living along the Sevier River. The town was formally named Austin for George Austin, agricultural superintendent of the sugar factory. When the sugar factory closed in 1928, the community remained.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers