OnlineUtah.com Banner
History of Bacchus, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)
-

Bacchus is a small community on U-111, on the eastern slopes of the Oquirrh Mountains. Bacchus was the former site of the small pioneer Village of Coonville. The name was changed from Coonville to Bacchus in 1915 when the Hercules Powder Company established an explosives manufacturing plant there. They named the community in honor of T. E. Bacchus, vice president of the company and superintendent of the Bacchus plant. With improved transportation the workers moved to a more favorable location. Between 1930 and 1960 the town deteriorated into a ghost town.*

John W. Van Cott


Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers