Blacks Fork (Summit) is one and one-half miles south of the Wyoming border, near the Meeks Cabin Reservoir. It is near Blacks Fork of the Green River from which it receives its name. Blacks Fork was a lumber town which existed from 1870 to 1930. At its peak, the town supported fifty to one hundred lumbermen, but is now a ghost town. It was also an early government commissary post.
John W. Van Cott