Boneta (Duchesne) is three miles southeast of Altamont, near U-87, on the south central slopes of the Uinta Mountains. It was first established by Moroni Fisher and others on September 19, 1909. The town was named by one of its co-founders, Peter B. Madsen, for its favorable location. "Boneta" * means pretty or beautiful in Spanish.
John W. Van Cott
* The spanish spelling is "Bonita".