is on U-102, four and one-half miles west of Tremonton.
It was named in 1894 to honor the builders of the Bothwell Canal; John
R. Bothwell was president of the waterworks at that time. The canal
was used to divert water from the Bear River in order to enhance the
agricultural potential of the region. Before 1894 it was called Rowville
in honor of William Rowe and his family, who were early pioneers in
W. Van Cott