is on U-l2, on the eastern part of the Aquarius Plateau. Almon Thompson
of the Powell survey named the town Boulder after the nearby mountain.
It was settled between 1889 and 1894, even though cattle had been brought
into the area as early as 1879. At that time, Nichole Johnson and August
Anderson of Richfield brought in five
hunted head to graze on Bolder
Mountain. Except for pack train or horseback, Boulder was isolated
until 1935 when the U.S. Civilian Conservation Corps completed a road
that Could be used by wagons and automobiles.
W. Van Cott