History of Cache Junction, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names (Links Added)

CACHE JUNCTION

Cache Junction is ten Miles northwest of Mendon, near a spring. The site was initially settled by Salvanus Collett in 1867. The town was established in 1890 as an outgrowth of Benson and it became an important railroad junction on the Union Pacific Railroad. Originally this area was divided into Petersboro No. 1 and No. 2. No. 2 became Cache Junction. The railroad no longer uses the stop but a cafe and a few local residents still remain.

John W. Van Cott

Note: There hasn't been a cafe in Cache Junction since 1986. (Griffin Jenkins)

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers