History of Calls Fort, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)

CALLS FORT

Fort Calls (Box Elder) was seven miles north of Brigham City on U-89 at the base of the Wellsville Mountains. It was settled in 1854 and named after Anson V. Call, who built the local fort. Calls Fort was on the northern frontier of the territory for many years during this early period. In 1855 Thomas Harper and his family arrived. Call hired Harper as manager of his farm and in 1906 Harper's name was given to the settlement. He also became the Mormon bishop in that area. In 1871 the precinct was divided: the south side became Lake Side and the north side was Calls Fort. Today the entire vicinity is listed as Calls Fort.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers