Another of the pioneer canning companies was the Woods Cross Canning Company-- Utah's second largest commercial cannery. The Woods Cross brand of canned tomatoes is still available today in local stores. The company started in 1892 as the Woods Cross Canning and Pickling Company; their processing plant was located in Woods Cross. In 1902 the owners expanded with a plant in Clearfield, the Clearfield Canning Company, and in 1903 they expanded again with the Layton Canning Company, located naturally enough in Layton, also in Davis County. With the continued growth of the canning industry, by 1912 the company found itself as one of the strongest in the industry in Utah. As the industry began declining in the mid-1950s, the Woods Cross plant was closed. The company's Layton plant was in business until 1954 when the factory was dismantled, although the warehouse remains standing today as a church recreation hall. The Clearfield plant remained as the last operation of the company, keeping its doors open until 1975.