History of Center, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)

CENTER

Center (Tooele) was midway between St. John and Vernon on US-36. It was first settled in 1863 by Welsh pioneers and became a hay, livestock, and general supply source for nearbly ranches, the miners of Ophir, and other nearby settlements and mines. It was here that Mr. William Ajax and his wife started what became their famous underground store, restaurant, and supply center. It was abandoned in 1914 and today Center is a ghost town site.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers