History of Central, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)

Central

Central (Sevier) is four and one-half miles south of Richfield on US-89. In 1877 the settlers accepted the name Inverury, which comes from a Scottish town meaning "between two waters." In 1940 the name was changed to Central because the town was in the central part of the valley and the county. Some of the early settlers were the William A. Stewart and Joseph Evans families.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers