(Piute) is in the heart of Circle Valley,
twenty-six miles north of Panguitch. It
is a productive agricultural and livestock community on the Sevier River.
Circleville was an early county seat before being moved to Bullion City,
which is now a ghost town. In 1864 Brigham
Young called fifty families from Sanpete
County to settle the region under the general supervision of LDS Apostle Orson Hyde, with William Allred as presiding elder. Willam Anderson
was one of the settlers; he suggested the name Circleville.
W. Van Cott