Clawson (Emery) lies between Castle Dale 7 miles (11.26 km) southwest and Ferron 3.5 miles (5.63 km) northeast on U-10. Orangeville
is 8.1 miles (13.03 km) to the north on U-29.
Clawson, settled in the spring of 1897, was originally known as Kingsville named after Guy King an early settler and was located ca. 2 miles (3.21 km) to the east. In 1902 the LDS settlers moved to the present site which in 1904 was renamed after Mormon Apostle Rudgar Clawson.
The first school session was conducted in 1898 in the home of Guy King. The teacher was Florence Barney who made the 14 mile (22.53 km) daily journey from Ferron on horseback.
G. William Wiersdorf
See: Clawson Town History; Utah Place Names 1997, John W. Van Cott.