History of Clear Creek, Utah
taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)

CLEAR CREEK

Clear Creek (Carbon) is five and one-half miles south of Scofield on Mud Creek at the south end of Pleasant Valley. A camp was estaglished there in the early 1870s to harvest mine props for the local coal mines. Then in 1898 an exceptionally good vein of coal was uncovered and the camp expanded into a town which flourished and peaked from 1910 to 1920. By the mid-1950s the town began to decline. Recently some of the old homes have been bought and rejuvenated as summer homes. During deer season the population of Clear Creek doubles.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers