History of Clear Lake, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)

CLEAR LAKE

Clear Lake (Millard) is several miles west of Clear Lake. In 1897, C. W. Aldrich, a representative of a New York firm, developed a siding, shipping point, and an agricultural and stock-grazing center. Alddrich used the nearby lake for naming the operation. The area was a natural wild hay and winter grazing center and several families eventually settled there. Water fluctuations, increasing soil alkalinity, and other problems prevented further development and the project slowly deteriorated. Today it is the Clear Lake Waterfowl Management Area, which is owned and operated by the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers