History of College Ward, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)

COLLEGE WARD

College Ward (Cache) is midway between Logan and Wellsville on US-89. In 1877, just one month before his death, Brigham Young deeded this farmland he held under his name to local Mormon church authorities to help maintain the Utah State Agricultural College (Utah State University) at Logan. In 1879 the first settlers were permitted to move onto the land and start constructing their homes. This was the beginning of a new community, College Ward.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers