History of Collinston, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)

COLLINSTON

Collinston (Box Elder) is a small agricultural community on U-69, three miles south southeast of Fielding. The town had an earlier name of Hampton Ford for Ben Hampton, who operated a toll ferry across the Bear River in 1867-68. Hampton was changed to Collinston to honor Collins Fullmer, a favorite conductor on the Utah Northern Railroad. At that time James Standing bought the ferry and bridge rights from Hampton and William Godbe and moved the town site one mile east to higher ground.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers