History of Colton, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)

COLTON

Colton (Utah) is on US-6,50 at the junction of the Price and White rivers. The community was a junction and a railroad siding that served Scofield. It was established in 1883 as Pleasant Valley Junction and later, in the mid-1890s, the name was changed to Colton for William F. Colton, a railroad official. The community was abandoned in the 1950s as improved equipment made longer railroad hauls more efficient. As a result, the demand for coal shipments from Scofield and Pleasant Valley was reduced.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers