History of Columbia, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)

COLUMBIA

Columbia (Carbon) is part of East Carbon City, one and one-half miles south southwest of Dragerton. On July 23, 1973, Dragerton and Columbia were incorporated into East Carbon City. Columbia was built in 1922 to house miners who mined coal for the Columbia Steel Plant at Ironton between Provo and Springville. Columbia received its name from the mine.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers