History of Consumers, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)

CONSUMERS

Consumers (Carbon) was eleven miles west of Spring Glen, where the road leads up Consumers Wash into the North Fork of Gordon Creek at the end of U-139. Sweets and National are in the vicinity. ln 1920 A. E. Gibson, superintendent of the Spring Canyon mine, developed a mine known as the Gibson. The settlement also took the name Gibson. In 1924 the Consumers Mutual Coal Company took over both the town and the mine and changed the community name to Consumers. The town peaked and then closed down by 1950.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers