History of Cornish, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)

CORNISH

Cornish is on U-23 and U-61, four miles north of Trenton and Lewiston. Early names were Ransom, Trenton, and Cannon. In 1907, the railroad changed the name from Cannon to Cornish in honor of William D. Cornish, vice president of the Union Pacific Railroad at that time.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers