History of Deweyville, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)

DEWEYVILLE

Deweyville (Box Elder) was originjally settled by William Empey in 1864 in the Dewey Spring area. The sping was first known as Empeys Spring. After Empey moved out, John C. Dewey and his family settled in the community and changed the name to Dewey Spring. When a post office was established on September 29, 1873, the town name was changed to Deweyville.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers