(Emery) is a small, dispersed agricultural community east of U-10 and eight miles northeast of Huntington. Elmo was settled in 1908 by people from the nearby town of Cleveland.
Acording to long time residents of Elmo, the town was named after 4 men who attended a meeting where it was decided to use the first initials of their last names, Erickson,
Larsen, Mortensen and Oviat.
G. William Wiersdorf
See: Notes from Shawn Christensen and Mike Peterson; Utah Place Names 1997, John W. Van Cott.