History of Emery, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)

EMERY

Emery (Emery) is on U-10 fifteen miles southwest of Ferron. The town was first called Muddy Creek after the nearby creek. It was later named Emery in honor of George W. Emery of Tennessee, who was approinted governor of Utah Territory in 1875.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers