History of Emmaville, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)

EMMAVILLE

Emmaville (Salt Lake) is a ghost town site, one and one-fourth miles north of the mouth of Little Cottonwood Canyon near Deaf Smith Canyon. The settlers were predominantly miners, rock quarry freighters, and various day laborers. It is believed to have been named after the Emma Mine up Little Cottonwood Canyon, which in turn was named for the daughter of the co-discoverer of the Emma Mine, Robert B. Chisholm. The town was first settled in 1868-69, but began to decline in 1871 when improved railroad facilities in the canyon, an epidemic, and a disastrous fire in Emmaville changed the course of local history.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers