Eureka's role as the central financial point for the district insured its survival. It housed business establishments, financial institutions, local and county governmental buildings including Eureka City Hall (1899) and a Juab County Courthouse (1892), various churches, and the meeting places for numerous labor, social, and fraternal organizations. Eureka became especially active as a successful political field for Utah's Socialist party. Mining entrepreneurs such as John Q. Packard, John Beck, Jesse Knight, Walter Fitch Sr., and others loomed as important figures in Eureka and Tintic history. A relative calm and peaceful labor environment marked Eureka's past.
The Chief Consolidated operated during the 1930s and into the 1950s, helping to keep Eureka's economy afloat. Small scale mining operations have continued, but most residents work in valley towns and for government services, such as the Tooele Army Depot. Being located on Utah Highway 6, Eureka is on a main trail to the Little Sahara Sand Dunes area. In 1979 Eureka was placed in the National Register of Historic Places as part of the Tintic Mining District Multiple Resource Area, recognizing the importance of remaining buildings and sites.
See: Beth Kay Harris, The Towns of Tintic (1961); Alice P. McCune, History of Juab County (1947); Philip F. Notarianni, Faith, Hope and Prosperity: The Tintic Mining District (1982).
Philip F. Notarianni