Farr West City, a city of the third class, is located on the north end
of Weber County. It is bordered on the
east by Pleasant View and by Harrisville,
on the south by Slaterville, and on
the west by Plain City, and was first
settled by Mormon pioneers.
In 1858 Joseph Taylor settled in the area that later became Farr West.
In 1868 the area was included as a part of Harrisville when a precinct
was organized. On 30 November 1890 western Harrisville was organized
into a separate LDS ward and given the name
Farr West in honor of Lorin Farr, former president of the Weber LDS
stake, and Chauncy W. West, who had served as presiding bishop of Weber
The earliest settlers engaged in agriculture for their livelihood, and
it received a great boost when the sugar
beet industry was introduced in 1898. In 1923 further benefits were
available to farmers when the Utah Packing Corporation installed a pea
viner to help process field-grown peas.