History of Fielding, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)

FIELDING

Fielding (Box Elder) is a small agricultural town on U-81, two and one-half miles north northwest of Collinston. The area was originally settled in 1892-93 when Jedediah Earl and Harmon D. Pierson of East Plymouth were commissioned to establish a new town site. Fielding was an outgrowth of Plymouth, a town that was originally named South Plymouth in reference to its location. The town was later renamed to honor the mother of Joseph Fielding Smith, the sixth president of the Mormon Church.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers