The first settlers
were principally American, but later an influx of English, Scots, Welsh,
and Scandinavians arrived in the area. Today, Fillmore is a community
people. It is a tightly knit community which has won numerous beautification
awards and is dedicated to community development. It is the home of
the Chief Kanosh Pageant as well as one of the largest Fourth of July
celebrations in Utah. Its citizens are strong supporters of high school athletics. In 1985 the former Fillmore Hospital was purchased by Fillmore
City, and by the fall of 1986 it had been remodeled, with city offices
in the east wing and the President Millard Fillmore Library in the west
wing. Fillmore is also the home of a multimillion-dollar mushroom plant
located in the city's industrial park where 100,000 pounds of mushrooms
are harvested each week. During the 1980s, Cambodian and Vietnamese
immigrants began to work in the mushroom factory.
of the Utah Pioneers, East and West Millard Chapters, 100 Years of History
of Millard County (1951).