A substantial Mormon meetinghouse, built over a thirty-year period beginning in 1880, was the most prominent religious structure in nineteenth-century Fountain Green. A tithing office built in 1906 and a church-built theater and dance hall erected in 1917 allowed for expanded economic and social activity. The influence of the Mormon Church was pervasive, as it remains today, with its Sunday School, Relief Society, choir, children's organizations, and overall concern for the community's welfare and progress. Members of other religious faiths have lived in Fountain Green during much of its history, although no group has managed to establish a permanent foothold. A varied ethnic makeup also helped to shape the town's early nature, with 65.3 percent of its adult married population being foreign-born in 1880.