The twentieth century brought incorporation as a city in 1910, plus several new improvements for Fountain Green, including a large elementary school in 1907, an improved water system in 1913 (updated in 1935), a high school in 1920, a city park in 1935, and a state fish hatchery in 1939-40. In recent decades, new religious, educational, and business facilities, together with the restoration and new construction of residences, mark Fountain Green's continued vitality.
A drive down Fountain Green's Main Street and up the hilly lanes of the square blocks to the west helps one understand the community's story. An outstanding collection of red brick homes stands witness to the town's once-thriving brick industry. The two-story elementary school and the fine brick tithing office on Main Street also remain along with impressive residences such as the Hans Peter Olsen home (on the National Register). Many of the log, adobe, and brick houses are vacant now, but their varied architecture testifies to the ingenuity and talent of their builders. Although there may be more buildings than people in Fountain Green--evidence of years of gradual out-migration, a trend that seems to have stabilized in the last decade--the town remains a vital part of Sanpete County.