A THEME ON GANDY BY EIGHTH GRADE PUPIL
"Gandy is located in the extreme northwestern corner of Millard County one hundred and fifty miles from Fillmore by way of Delta. It is located in Snake Valley named after the Snake Indians. that valley is about a hundred miles long by about sixteen miles in width.
The first person to settle in Gandy was Mr. *Almon Roads he later sold to Isaac Gandy and he to James Robison, thence to his son Isaac who sold to Alfred Bishop the present owner.
The post office was first located at Smithville seven miles south of Gandy and moved to Gandy in 1900.
The name Gandy was given it in honor of the second settler Mr. Isaac Gandy. The families now living in Gandy are Alfred J. Bishop, Albert J. Bishop, John Knight, Tass Claridge, Lawrence Bishop, Floyd Bishop, Frank Parker, Harold Parker, George Sims, John H. Singleton, Glen Peck, Chester Foote, Ward Robison and Nisha Peanum. There are twelve children in the school."
Eugene Johnson Bishop 8th grade, Millard County Chronicle 1937-10-07