was in Blue Valley, eleven miles northeast of Caineville on U-24. Hanksville is seven miles east.
Hyrum Burgess was one of the first men in the Blue Valley along the Fremont River. The developing
community was named to honor their religious leader and prominent citizen, Mormon Bishop Henry Giles. Alternating water
shortages and floods with accumulating salts in the soil ruined the
cropland and by 1919 the town was abandoned. Today the area is being
reclaimed and farming is again predominant. Remnants of the former town
are still evident.
W. Van Cott