History of Glenwood, Utah
Taken from theUtah Place Names. (Links Added)

GLENWOOD

Glenwood is ten miles east of Richfield on U-119. It was EstabIished in 1863 and named for an early pioneer, Robert Wilson Glenn. The first name was Glencoe or Glen Cove, but was changed in November 1864 when Orson Hyde visited the settlement and recommended Glenwood. A stone fort was constructed in April 1566.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers