History of Granger, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)

GRANGER

Granger (Salt Lake) is west southwest of Salt Lake City between Seventeenth and Thirty-second West and Twenty-seventh and Forty-first South. It was first settled in 1849 by emigrants from Great Britain and was known as English Fort. English Fort was built in 1854 where today's North Jordan Cemetery is located (between Bennion and Taylorsville). The community was later named Granger because of the area's capacity to grow grain. The first judge of Salt Lake County, judge Elias Smith, gave the name because the land was so productive. Granger has recently been included in a large area renamed West Valley City.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers