History of Greenville, Utah
-

GREENVILLE

Greenville (Beaver) is four and one-half miles southwest of Beaver on U-21. In 1860 a group, including Samuel Edwards, and their families, came from Parowan and Cedar City to settle there. Three years before this time, they had come to cut grass for winter hay. The community is named for the lush growth of pasture and meadow grass in the region.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers