1863 Harrisville was organized as a branch of the LDS Church, and in
1868 it was organized into a county precinct, at which time it was officially
called Harrisville. It was organized as an LDS ward fourteen years later.
Church services were held at the east end of town in the Harrisville
school building one Sunday and the following Sunday at the west end
in the Farr West school building, alternating each week. A division
was made in 1890, and two separate wards were organized.
the ward was divided, a new church house was needed. Bishop Pleasant
Green Taylor donated the land. The church was dedicated in 1891. In
1913 it was added to, and in 1937 the building was renovated. In 1955
ground was broken for a new chapel and addition to the meetinghouse,
which was furnished and dedicated in 1957. As Harrisville continued
to grow, an additional LDS Church building was completed and dedicated
Central Pacific and Union Pacific railroads ran through Harrisville.
In 1904 a local company laid tracks through Harrisville, Pleasant View,
and on to Plain City. The line operated
and ran through Harrisville for four years.