Hatch (Garfield County) is between Panguitch and Long Valley Junction on
1872 the town of Aaron, also called Asay, was settled near the mouth
of Asay Creek.
early settlements in this area along the Sevier River, Asay Creeck and
Mammoth Creek were Proctor, Castle, Johnson, and Hatchtown. Hatchtown
was settled by Meltiar
Hatch Sr., and his two wives, Parmelia Snyder Hatch and Mary Ann
and other problems forced these early communities to group together
and settle one and one-half miles south of Hatchtown. This single community
then took the name of Hatch, which was incorporated on January 3, 1934.
W. Van Cott