Hinckley Academy/High School
old Hinckley Academy located at 55 N. 200 W. in Hinckley (Millard) was under construction from
ca. 1909 to 1912, the result of private, church and local monitary contributions.
From 1910 to 1923 the building was known as the Millard LDS Academy.
From 1923 to 1953, the building served as Hinckley High School. Harold
Hepworth and Don Morris, both graduates of the school have fond memories
of days long ago when the Hinckley High School Mustangs won the State
Basketball Championship. Harolds wife Anna Lee points out that many
graduates became notable LDS Church and State leaders. In 1982 the building was placed on the Utah
the years the school has been purchased and sold several times and various
business ventures have come and gone. In the mid-1970s the Hinckley
Elementary School made use of the academy building. It even served as
a disco around 1978. The disco, called The Total Eclipse, operated for
only about 18 months. In the 1980s, a swimming pool and water slide
were built and soon closed again.