early as 1903 the DUP were interested in the gathering and display of
relics. The artifacts which they had collected were displayed in various
locations in Salt Lake City. In 1928 they started an official drive
to raise money to build their own museum. Ground was finally broken
for the Museum on March 25, 1946. After many complications and legal
battles the Museum was finally dedicated in July of 1950. A* additional
structure, a carriage house was completed in 1973 through a donation
made by Saramarie Jensen Van Dyke.