Homansville (Utah) was a small mining town located two miles northeast of Eureka. It was named after Sheppard Homans, a member of Captain J.W. Gunnison's survey party. The site was enitially established to provide water for the surrounding mining activities, eventually reaching 300 inhabitants.
The town began to decline with the arrival of the railroad which favored some of the larger smelters in the area. The town was abandoned prior to 1900. In 1916 it was used as a lime quarry by Chief Consolidated Mines.
See: Carr, Stephen L. The Historical Guide to Utah Ghost Towns; Thompson, George A. Some Dreams Die: Utah's Ghost Towns and Lost Treasures; Notarianni, Philip F. Faith, Hope, & Prosperity: The Tintic Mining District
G. William Wiersdorf