History of Indianola, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names (Links Added)

INDIANOLA

Indianola is east of US-89 on Thistle Creek. Twelve miles southeast of Faiwiew. An early Indian village existed there. In pioneer times the site was selected for farms assigned to Indians protected by the Mormon Church. The Indians mere permitted to file on land and own it if it was taken care of. This plan was discontinued when the Indian reservation in the Uintah Basin was established by tbe federal government.

John W. Van Cott

Taken from "A History of Sanpete County" Utah Centennial County History Series, 1999. (Links Added)

Indianola was among twelve new settlements after the Blackhawk war, settled in 1871 and was originally called Thistle Valley because of the abundance of thistles which grew there. The name of Indianola came from a historic fact that at one time it was a favorite dwelling place for large numbers of Ute Indians.

See some Pictures!
Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers