History of Ironton, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)

IRONTON

Ironton (Juab) was first established in 1871 near the present junction of US-6,50 and U-36 or the Tintic Junction two miles southwest of Eureka. Ironton was an ore shipping and supply town for local mines. As railroad construction crews moved on, Ironton became a ghost town.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers