Junction (Piute) when first settled was known as City Creek. It is named after the point where US-89 and U-153 meet. The junction of the East Fork of the Sevier and the Sevier River is just south of the Piute Reservoir.
The old adobe Piute County Courthouse built in 1903 and located at Main and Center was added to the Piute County Register of Historic Places in 1971. It housed county offices until 1997. Now under private ownership it has been restored and turned into a vacation rental for family reunions and other gatherings.
Another building of interest at 95 N. Main is the John and Ella Morrill House, also on the Historic Register (added 1994).
G. William Wiersdorf
See: National Register of Historic Places, Piute.org, John W. Van Cott: Utah Place Names.