Central High, located on the north/south center point of Davis County,
opened in the fall of 1914. In 1978 the Davis Area Technical College opened on a large campus just east of Davis High School.
Clover Club Potato
Chip Company was established by Newell ("Hod") and Clover Sanders in
1938. Although the company was recently sold to Borden Foods, the plant
continues to operate, providing jobs for many Kaysville residents.
was becoming an established community, a smaller city, Fruit Heights,
was developing to the east. Known for its cherry orchards, Fruit Heights
incorporated in 1939 to enable the people living in the unincorporated
parts of the county to bond for a water system. Today Fruit Heights
has a population of more than 4,300 people.
With the beginning
of World War II and the establishment of Hill Air Force Base and the Naval Supply Depot, a demand was created for housing in Kaysville, Layton,
and Clearfield. Kaysville began to change from an agricultural community
to a suburb. This steady urban growth pattern has continued to the present