History of Milton, Utah
Taken from the Utah Place Names. (Links Added)

MILTON

Milton (Morgan) was settled in 1856 three miles northwest of Morgan and the Weber River. It was originally called Morganville to honor a Mormon church official, Jedediah Morgan Grant. The name was later changed to Milton to honor the late Amos Milton Musser. Another report claims the name Milton came from the gristmill built in the area.

John W. Van Cott

Google
 
Web onlineutah.com
Comments & Questions to OnlineUtah.com

Home | Area Codes | Cities | Climate | Credits | Counties | Dinosaurs | Disclaimer | Dining |

Education | Entertainment | Government | Health | History | Hot Springs | Industry | Lakes | Lodging |

Maps | Media | Mountains | Museums | Parks | People | Photo Gallery | Quick Facts |

Quizzes | Recreation & Sports | Religion | Rivers | Sites | Travel | Weather |




Mark Robinson Realty Brokers